Salary: £40.5k - £48.7k per annum (dependant on skills and qualifications)
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Finance Business Partner team as a Management Accountant reporting directly to the Finance Manager. The base location for this role will be Edinburgh. The role of the Management Accountant is to provide finance support to the Scotland Operations. The role is very broad based and will require an individual who is motivated to make an impact.
Who we are
SGN manage the network that distributes natural and green gas to 5.9 million homes and businesses across Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, our pipes deliver gas safely, reliably and efficiently to every one of our customers. It’s your gas, in our network.
What does a Management Accountant do?
· Play a lead role in the budgeted and forecasting process.
· Improving the impact, and understanding, of financial reporting on business performance.
· Providing analysis and delivering insight that links financial reports to business strategies.
· Regularly advise senior managers and review financial aspects of their operational plans.
· Preparing monthly accruals and journals to ensure the accuracy of month end accounts.
· Maintaining and creating new management information to aid Southern Operations.
· Excellent communication skills to support and influence stakeholders across the organisation.
· Building partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with senior managers
· Challenge costs by understanding cost drivers
Do you have what we are looking for?
· CIMA/ACCA Finalist/Qualified
· An analytical approach with excellent attention to detail.
· Demonstrable relevant finance experience
· Advanced excel user
· Full UK/EU driving licence.
What will I get in return?
• Competitive starting salary and other benefits, including company pension scheme.
• Plenty of potential for further development and progression within the Company.
• Employment with a highly regarded, award winning company with a commitment to developing an equal, diverse and inclusive culture.