First Call Operative (FCO)
Salary: £27k - £32k pa (Dependent on skills and qualifications)
Location: Kennington – Initially based in the London Depot, but relocating to St Mary Cray
We are recruiting for a Domestic Gas Engineer to work as a First Call Operative (FCO) in our Kennington depot. As the successful applicant, you will participate in a 24 standby rota and therefore you must live within a commutable distance of the depot.
Who we are?
SGN manage the network that distributes natural and green gas to 5.9 million homes and businesses across Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, our pipes deliver gas safely, reliably and efficiently to every one of our customers. It’s your gas, in our network.
What does a First Call Operative do?
· Works in a variety of outdoor and indoor environments safely, individually and as part of a team.
· Locates and secures gas escapes, undertakes gas meter work and downstream pipework.
· Uses computer field systems and achieves high standards of safety and technical competence.
Do you have what we are looking for?
· A flexible approach to work, and a willingness to take on new skills in order to further your career in the gas industry.
· A friendly and approachable attitude with excellent customer service skills, as you will be dealing with members of the public.
· A willingness to work variable hours and be flexible.
· A demonstrable ability to work in a physically demanding environment.
· You will hold current ACS qualifications CCN1 or CESP1. Ideally you will also hold MET1 to 4. SGN specific training will be provided.
· A full and valid driving licence is essential as the role will require moving between locations.
What will I get in return?
· A competitive starting salary and significant potential for additional earnings including standby and Work Rota payments.
· Other benefits, including a pension scheme.
· Plenty of potential for further development and progression within the Company.
· Employment with a highly regarded, award winning company with a commitment to developing an equal, diverse and inclusive culture.